Data released Sunday night revealed a big drop in Japan's Trade Balance...in fact, it's the lowest reading since January 2000 and double the loss made the prior month. Whether the Bank of Japan will provide additional monetary easing/stimulus remains to be seen.
Japan's Nikkei Index has been fluctuating wildly within a wide range since it dropped below 10000 after the earthquake in March of 2011. Two attempts to regain and hold above that level have failed, and price remains subdued within a smaller range and in between the 50 and 200 smas, as shown on the Daily chart below. The 50 sma is still below the 200 sma in a bearish "Death Cross" formation, and price action is under that bearish influence.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. March 30 ~ U.S. markets closed for Good Friday Holiday
* Fri. April 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. April 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events