In my post of July 25th, I pointed out that Britain's FTSE 100 Index was trading around a major price support/resistance level of 5500. It subsequently bounced from there and has risen to the top of the large "Diamond" pattern (which, I mentioned, has been forming from 2009/10...and is, potentially, a topping pattern with a 1300 point range).
The updated Daily chart below shows market action, to date (October 18th's close). Price is facing immediate major headwind resistance from the upper edge of this Diamond pattern, along with negatively-diverging RSI, MACD, and Stochastics Indicators...one to watch for a potential breakdown, as the 1300 point range is substantial.
I'm mindful of the fact that Britain is also facing a 9 billion pound debt incurred from hosting the 2012 Olympic Games, as it struggles with a double-dip recession, severe public spending cuts, and an unemployment rate of 7.9% (as reported here on October 17th and shown on the graph below)...adding, enormously, to the above headwinds.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
* If the dots don't connect, gather more dots until they do...or, just follow the $$$...
Living In A Time
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. May 24, 2023 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. May 31 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Fri. June 2 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. June 14 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. July 26 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.