Data released today (Monday) shows that (as reported by Nasdaq News & Commentary):
"October was a sub-par month for economic growth based on the Chicago Fed's national activity index which fell to minus 0.56 from zero in September. The production component fell to minus 0.45 from September's minus 0.06 reflecting Hurricane Sandy's big hit to the industrial production report. The component for consumption & housing, dragged down by a decline in housing permits, fell to minus 0.19 from minus 0.17.
The report's other two components made positive contributions to the index but to a lower degree. Employment contributed plus 0.07 to the index, down from plus 0.13 in September, while sales/orders/inventories contributed plus 0.01 from the prior month's plus 0.10.
The three-month average fell to minus 0.56 in October (the same as the single month reading) from minus 0.36 in September for the eighth straight month below zero. A reading below zero suggests that growth in national economic activity is below historical trend."
Also released today was the Dallas Fed Manufacturing Survey, which shows that the Business Activity Index dropped from 1.8 to -2.8 and that the Production Index dropped from 7.9 to 1.7, as shown below.
An hour after the open, the Major Indices are, basically, consolidating after last week's rally, slightly below Friday's close.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Aug. 16 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. Sept. 1 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Sept. 6 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. Sept. 19 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Sept. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Tues. Oct. 31 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Nov. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference