In my post of July 25th, I pointed out that Britain's FTSE 100 Index was trading around a major price support/resistance level of 5500. It subsequently bounced from there and has risen to the top of the large "Diamond" pattern (which, I mentioned, has been forming from 2009/10...and is, potentially, a topping pattern with a 1300 point range).
The updated Daily chart below shows market action, to date (October 18th's close). Price is facing immediate major headwind resistance from the upper edge of this Diamond pattern, along with negatively-diverging RSI, MACD, and Stochastics Indicators...one to watch for a potential breakdown, as the 1300 point range is substantial.
I'm mindful of the fact that Britain is also facing a 9 billion pound debt incurred from hosting the 2012 Olympic Games, as it struggles with a double-dip recession, severe public spending cuts, and an unemployment rate of 7.9% (as reported here on October 17th and shown on the graph below)...adding, enormously, to the above headwinds.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Mon. Dec. 25 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas Day holiday
* Mon. Jan. 1 ~ U.S. Markets closed for New Year's Day holiday
* Wed. Jan 3 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. Jan. 5 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Jan. 17 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Jan. 31 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events