Further to my earlier post today (Thursday), here's where the markets closed after the Fed announced a new round of monetary stimulus.
Equities, as represented by the YM, ES, NQ & TF, spiked and made the highest close, so far, this week and this year, on higher volumes. The YM and ES are at/near the top of their rising channel, while the NQ and TF are trading above, as shown on the Daily charts.
The SPX and RUT have room to go higher within their rising channels on their respective volatility ratio charts, but have run into near-term horizontal price resistance (triple tops).
30-Year Bonds are still potentially forming their "diamond" (potentially topping) pattern, as shown on the Weekly chart below...one to watch to see which way the eventual break of the diamond apex occurs and is held. Not shown on this chart is the fact that daily volumes were higher today, while price spiked up and down and closed almost unchanged from the open.
The U.S. $ has reached its lower Bollinger Band on the Weekly chart with near-term support below at 79.00, but major support is further below at 78.00. Not shown on this chart is the fact that daily volumes were higher today, while price closed near its low of the day.
These are some of the charts I'll be watching over the next days/weeks ahead to gauge sentiment (and the velocity of sentiment) in equities, bonds, and the $. For now, the momentum is up in equities, unchanged on Bonds, and down on the $. The path of least resistance for equities seems to be on the upside. I'll post a more comprehensive market assessment this weekend.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 16 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. Oct. 16 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Oct. 30 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 1 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Nov. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Nov. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events