The following Weekly charts below depict support and resistance levels for the U.S. $, 30-year Bonds, Gold, Oil, Copper, and Silver.
The U.S. $ is at a minor support level (major support is further below at 78.00), 30-year Bonds are at a major support level and have broken below their "diamond" pattern that has been forming, Gold is approaching major resistance, and Oil, Copper and Silver have reached fairly major resistance. If we see a breach of major support and sell-off in the U.S. $ and Bonds, then we should see Gold, Oil, Copper, and Silver blow through their respective resistance levels...ones to watch to see if recent downside and upside momentum continues, pauses, or reverses in the next few days ahead.
As shown on the two currency graphs below, money continued to flee the U.S. $ this past week (as it has for all of September, so far), and continued to flow into the Euro, Aussie $, British Pound, Swiss Franc, and Canadian $...ones to watch to see if this trend continues over the next days/weeks.
A continued flow into the Euro and the Aussie $ tells me that the European and Chinese financials/indices should also continue to strengthen, as detailed in my last post.
I had mentioned in my post of September 13th, that the SPX and RUT have room to go higher within their rising channels on their respective volatility ratio charts, as shown on the Daily charts below, but had run into near-term horizontal price resistance in the form of triple tops. On Friday, they both opened above this resistance level, but the SPX lost momentum and fell back down below, while the RUT managed to close above, albeit near its low of the day.
Should the SPX and RUT regain upside momentum in the next few days, we may then see a major breakdown in the U.S. $ and the 30-year Bonds, and a further push higher in Gold, Oil, Copper and Silver.
However, in closing and as a caution, I'd note that the following three Daily charts indicate that Stocks Above 20-50-200-Day Averages are near major resistance levels.
While there may be some further thrusts higher in equities, they may pull back soon (possibly around the next Friday's OPEX, or the end of September/3rd Quarter) before resuming any serious push higher...a scenario which should present itself on the above volatility ratio charts.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC VENTS...
* Wed. Aug. 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Aug. 22-24 ~ Annual Jackson Hole Symposium
* Wed. Sept. 4 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Sept. 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Thurs. Sept. 12 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Fri. Sept. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. Sept. 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
NOTABLE POSTS WITH IMPORTANT UPDATES...