UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Sept. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Oct. 1 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 8 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Oct. 14 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Thursday, September 20, 2012
Consumers Can't Live on Junk Food Alone
Data released today shows that Consumer Confidence/Comfort continues to drop, in spite of the Fed's actions over the past four years, and is fast approaching the extreme low levels of 2009. It would appear that the average consumer is less aware of Fed policy/intervention than that of political (non)action to date.
It's very unfortunate that both political parties have failed to employ their due diligence in carrying out their responsibilities during their current term...they have left it all up to the Fed, who admitted they can't solve all the economic problems on their own. If politicians were employed by a company, they'd be fired for sleeping on the job. Consumers can't live on junk food alone...