Data released Monday night shows that China's CB Leading Index spiked up to its highest reading in two years, as shown on the graph below. "This index is designed to predict the direction of the economy." It's a "combined reading of six economic indicators related to total loans issued, raw material supplies index, new orders, consumer expectations, export orders, and housing."
As I outlined in my post of September 20th, the Shanghai Index tells a different story as it trades at three-year lows and threatens to fall off a cliff, but China's Financials Sector has been trading in an opposite direction.
The question is, "Do we believe that the data is actually reflective of China's economy, or is its Index?"
The Shanghai Index has trended in diametric opposition to the S&P 500 Index over the past three years. Which one accurately reflects its country's economy, if either?
No wonder people are confused and are in the dark as to the real fundamentals of both the economy and the companies listed in the stock exchanges (and their actual values)! Hence, they are reluctant to commit any excess cash to the markets, particularly, it would seem, in China.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. March 30 ~ U.S. markets closed for Good Friday Holiday
* Fri. April 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. April 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events