UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Sept. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Oct. 1 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 8 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Oct. 14 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
China's Shanghai Index at Variance with CB Leading Index
As I outlined in my post of September 20th, the Shanghai Index tells a different story as it trades at three-year lows and threatens to fall off a cliff, but China's Financials Sector has been trading in an opposite direction.
The question is, "Do we believe that the data is actually reflective of China's economy, or is its Index?"
The Shanghai Index has trended in diametric opposition to the S&P 500 Index over the past three years. Which one accurately reflects its country's economy, if either?
No wonder people are confused and are in the dark as to the real fundamentals of both the economy and the companies listed in the stock exchanges (and their actual values)! Hence, they are reluctant to commit any excess cash to the markets, particularly, it would seem, in China.