Further to my post of September 4th, I would note that the SPX, XLF, and EEM have recently broken above trendline resistance, as shown on the Weekly chart below.
The Daily chartgrid and the 2-day graph below of the 9 Major Sectors show that profit-taking has occurred since last Friday, particularly in the riskier Offensive Sectors, while some of the Defensives have made some gains...Technology and Industrials are in a neutral holding pattern.
A break and hold below trendline support on the SPX, XLF, and EEM may see further flight from the Offensive Sectors and into the Defensive Sectors...otherwise, I'd expect to see money flow back into the higher risk Sectors as they continue their trek upwards...ones to watch.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
* If the dots don't connect, gather more dots until they do...or, just follow the $$$...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. May 24, 2023 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. May 31 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Fri. June 2 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. June 14 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. July 26 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.