The Monthly chart below of the TF (Russell 2000 E-mini Futures Index) contains two Fibonacci retracement drawings, two Fibonacci Extension drawings, and a Fibonacci fanline drawing. I've selected the TF, as I consider it to be the "Canary in the Coal Mine" as either a leader/laggard of strength/weakness among the other E-mini Futures Indices (YM, ES & NQ).
Assuming the TF rallies and holds above its all-time high of 872, eventual projected major Fibonacci confluence resistance levels are 950ish, 1050ish, and 1150ish. The timeline for the TF to, potentially, reach these levels is, of course, unknown. However, if one were to assume that price holds above the 50% Fibonacci fanline (heavy broken blue line) (as it has held from the lows of 2009, thus far), and if it hugged the 40% fanline (red broken line), you would see that 950 would be reached by April 2013, 1050 would be reached by December 2013, and 1150 would be reached by August 2014.
For now, they serve as hypothetical targets, with the 50% Fibonacci fanline providing major support on any pullbacks, together with the other Fibonacci confluence levels. Price is currently just below its all-time high and is inside a web of Fibonacci confluence. It may bounce around for awhile before resuming its uptrend...alternatively, we may see an immediate strong push above, as mentioned in my last post, before it, potentially, consolidates or pulls back a bit to hold above what would become major support around 875.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Sept. 26 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Oct. 5 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Mon. Oct. 8 ~ Canadian markets closed for Thanksgiving Day Holiday
* Thurs. Oct. 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Oct. 17 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Oct. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. Nov. 6 ~ U.S. Midterm Elections
* Thurs. Nov. 8 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Thurs. Nov. 22 ~ U.S. markets closed for Thanksgiving Day Holiday & NYSE closes early @ 1:00 pm on Fri. Nov. 23
* Wed. Dec. 19 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Tues. & Wed. Dec. 25 & 26 ~ Canadian markets closed for Christmas & Boxing Day Holidays
* Tues. Dec. 25 ~ U.S. markets closed for Christmas Day Holiday & close early @ 1:00 pm on Mon. Dec. 24
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
IMPORTANT BLOG POST UPDATES...
* Trade Wars have escalated and now include diplomatic wars PLUS President Trump is cannibalizing prior U.S. market gains with his tariff tantrums against its world trading partners, while destabilizing a delicate world market balance