Hard At Work
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Fri. Aug. 6 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Aug. 11 @ 8:30 am ET - m/m & y/y CPI & Core CPI Data
* Thurs. Aug. 12 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Tues. Aug. 17 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Aug. 18 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. Aug. 27 @ 5:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index Data m/m
* Wed. Sept. 8 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Wed. Sept. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Monday, January 09, 2012
AAPL Cycles..."Dead Cat Bounce" Brewing?
At the moment, there is a negative divergence on my RSI indicator and on Stochastics...MACD is still rising. Near-term support sits at, first, Monthly VWAP (broken yellow) at 417.63, then Monthly Volume Profile POC (yellow horizontal lines) at 413.86, and then the channel "mean" (broken pink) at 406.83.
As can be seen from the one-year Volume Profile at the right edge of the chart, volumes above 410.00 are very thin and do not support sustainable higher prices at this time. Although volumes have been rising over the past few days, they are well below the high levels during previous cycle rallies, as are all the volumes from its November 2011 cycle low. As such, I'd be wary of buying any breakouts above today's high on what could turn out to be a "dead cat bounce" here. I wouldn't be surprised to see a re-test of the November low in the near future. I am aware, however, of upcoming earnings on January 24th...as such, market makers may try to run the price up until then.
With pre-Christmas consumer spending reaching an all-time high since 2000, as reported today (see graph below courtesy of www.Forexfactory.com), it may be that consumers have reached their limits on their credit and are now stuck with paying down more debt than ever before...which may have an impact on future APPL product purchases.