Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Mon. Feb. 19 ~ U.S. markets closed for Presidents Day Holiday
* Wed. Feb. 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 7 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Mar. 9 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. Mar. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
The permanent wave?...Who will be shocked straight?
It seems as though the markets are stuck in a permanent wave formation...the action since last Friday has seen resistance hold at the August 5th highs on the YM & ES...the NQ has surpassed that level...while the TF hasn't reached it yet as shown on the 60 min (market hours only) chartgrid below. It looks as though they are awaiting word from the Fed to either confirm the bearish mood that was present during the hours leading up to Standard & Poor's announced U.S. credit rating downgrade, or reverse that mood to spur a buying frenzy.
Note on the following two 60 min comparison charts that the spread between the NDX & RUT is widening...how long will this be sustainable before one or the other reverses sentiment to close the spread?