Data released today (Wednesday) shows that Industrial Production in Europe continues to decline, with this latest month's data sharply below that presented in July of 2008, as shown on the graph below.
As you can see, after a minor rebound from the lows in 2009, production has been in decline from March of 2010...mirroring the pattern leading up to the deeply depressed lows throughout much of 2009. This is reflective of the unemployment and recessionary conditions currently prevalent in Europe. The LTRO 1 & 2 cash injections by the ECB have not had a (lasting) positive impact in this particular segment of Europe's economy. European markets are currently down at the time of my writing this post.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Aug. 16 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. Sept. 1 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Sept. 6 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. Sept. 19 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Sept. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Tues. Oct. 31 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Nov. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference