Further to my post of September 4th, I would note that the SPX, XLF, and EEM have recently broken above trendline resistance, as shown on the Weekly chart below.
The Daily chartgrid and the 2-day graph below of the 9 Major Sectors show that profit-taking has occurred since last Friday, particularly in the riskier Offensive Sectors, while some of the Defensives have made some gains...Technology and Industrials are in a neutral holding pattern.
A break and hold below trendline support on the SPX, XLF, and EEM may see further flight from the Offensive Sectors and into the Defensive Sectors...otherwise, I'd expect to see money flow back into the higher risk Sectors as they continue their trek upwards...ones to watch.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Fri. Oct. 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 11 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Oct. 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 31 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Nov. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference