UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Friday, December 21, 2012
Boehner's (Merry?) Christmas Gift to Americans
After John Boehner's 'Plan B' failed to garner support among his own Republican party members and the House vote was cancelled, the S&P 500 Futures Index dropped 50 points last night in a matter of minutes and global indices around the world are deeply in the red this morning.
Gee, I wonder whose thinking is "bizarre and irrational" in the "Fiscal Cliff" negotiations? In his prepared 10:00 am press conference speech today, Boehner turned the resolution of the "Fiscal Cliff" issue over to the President and said "Merry Christmas"...I guess he has no more ideas.
It does not sound like he and his Republicans are willing to compromise on a deal.
Merry Christmas, indeed!