UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Sept. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Oct. 1 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 8 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Oct. 14 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Ratio Charts of SPX:VIX, RUT:RVX, NDX:VXN, & AAPL:NDX
At the moment, they are trading in between resistance and support levels of one form or another. The major support level is represented by the broken horizontal blue line. The first three are trading just above this major support level, while the AAPL:NDX ratio pair is below and trading lower. The Momentum indicator is still below zero on all four, signaling lingering relative weakness of the SPX, RUT, and NDX to their respective Volatility Index and of AAPL to the NDX.
Unless we see a stabilizing of the AAPL:NDX ratio pair, we may see any further decline in AAPL produce a drag and, possibly, a decline in the SPX, RUT, and NDX indices.