Below is a Daily chart of NQ. Overlayed are a number of lines, particularly a "pink diamond" formation that occurred during the first one-third of 2011, Fibonacci fanlines, several trendlines, and price levels.
Eventually the diamond broke to the downside and dropped to almost an identical level in height to that of the diamond (broken pink lines), nearly touched the 127.2% Fibonacci fanline (yellow), and pierced an extension of one of the diamond trendlines.
Price is approaching a similar measured move which, if it reaches it, would take it to 2616.50, where it would first be met by the 78.6% Fibonacci fanline (broken purple), and then up several points to 2620.25 which is the same height as that of the diamond. Should price pull back from that level, near-term support is back down at the top of the diamond at 2403. 50% of that move would take it down to 2500ish.
Inasmuch as the Nasdaq 100 is leading in terms of percentage gained so far on price action this week, and Dow Transports is the biggest loser, as shown on the percentage comparison graph below, it may be worthwhile keeping an eye on Transports as the MACD and Stochastics are signalling a possible roll-over, as shown on the Daily chart below.
Two indices to watch for potential weakness...
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. Nov. 3 ~ U.S. Presidential Election
* Tues. Nov. 17 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Retail Sales Report & Core Retail Sales Report
* Wed. Nov. 25 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Nov. 26 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Thanksgiving Holiday
* Fri. Nov. 27 @ 1:00 pm ET ~ U.S. Markets closed for Thanksgiving Holiday/Black Friday
* Wed. Dec. 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Dec. 4 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Thurs. Dec. 10 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Dec. 16 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Thurs. Dec. 24 @ 1:00 pm ET ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas Holiday
* Fri. Dec. 25 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas Holiday
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events