Data released Wednesday evening shows a big drop (into negative territory) in Private Capital Expenditure in Australia, as shown on the graph below.
Since it's a "leading indicator of economic health," it's one worth monitoring over the next months/quarter.
At the moment, the AUS/USD forex pair is trading in a range in between major price resistance and the +1 deviation regression channel level, as shown on the Daily chart below. Inasmuch as the MACD, Stochastics, RSI, and ROC indicators are diverging negatively, it's one to watch...near-term support lies around a confluence level of 1.04.
The Daily chart below of the Australian Index shows that price has stalled at major resistance. There are negative divergences on the RSI, MACD, and Stochastics indicators. Price is still subject to the influences of the existing bearish 50/200 sma Death Cross formation, and will be until such time as price breaks and holds convincingly above major resistance, and the moving averages cross to form a bullish Golden Cross pattern.
As I write this post late Wednesday evening, the Australian Index is currently trading 0.90% below Wednesday's close, as shown on the 5-day intraday chart below.
So, on my radar for the days ahead are the AUS/USD forex pair and the Australian Index to watch for possible further weakness, since a drop in business investment levels can be an early signal of declining future economic activity such as hiring, spending, and earnings.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Mar. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Mar. 5 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Mar. 10 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Tues. Mar. 16 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Retail Sales Report & Core Retail Sales Report
* Wed. Mar. 17 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Apr. 7 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events