Cyclical bull market ready to quit?
Or time for Mr. Market to be picked up...
As a daytrader, it pays for me to be flexible...
With eyes wide open...
Because right now either the Bulls or the Bears could be squeezed...
So I won't jump into a trade unless it meets my 1:2 risk/reward ratio and sets up according to my trading method...keeping in mind that volatility is up and the potential exists for further large and wild intraday swings, along with some further intermittent low liquidity gapping sprinkled in for good measure throughout the day.
Here's what I'll be keeping an eye on next week...as well as judging market response to next Tuesday's FOMC report from the Fed (as well as the Fed's language in the report...do I hear any "intellectual honesty" in the message?)...current prices on these various charts are either at or near a level of support or resistance of one form or another...
everything (and everybody) would be perfect...at best, all I have to go on are highest probabilities as opportunities unfold...will see how things take shape next week.
P.S. As I'm finishing this post, I've received a notification that Standard &amp; Poor's has downgraded the U.S. credit rating from AAA to AA+ for the first time since it began assigning grades to countries in 1941.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. May 12 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Fri. May 14 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Retail Sales Report & Core Retail Sales Report
* Wed. May 19 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. June 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. June 4 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. June 16 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.