My post on the Emerging Markets index, EEM, on June 24 refers: http://strawberryblondesmarketsummary.blogspot.com/2011/06/emerging-markets-index-is-wavering.html
Since that date, the index broke below a "diamond" pattern that had formed and tumbled back below a former neckline of a H&S pattern that had broken to the downside in August 2008 (at 41.66ish), as shown on the updated chart below. Each candle represents 3 days and the current candle began today. At the moment, price has popped back up above 41.66 and is currently trading at the -2 deviation level of the shorter regression channel that began in May of 2010 and below the "mean" of the longer regression channel that began in October of 2007.
This is another index that I'll be watching, along with the others mentioned in this week's and last week's posts, in order to gauge overall market weakness vs. strength. At the moment, it is more weak than strong...but will become even weaker when it breaks and holds below 41.66 again.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
* If the dots don't connect, gather more dots until they do...or, just follow the $$$...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Fri. Oct. 7 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 12 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Oct. 19 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Wed. Nov. 2 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Dec. 14 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.