Below is a 4-hourly chartgrid of the YM, ES, NQ and TF. Overlayed on it are longer and shorter-term regression channels. I've referred to these channels on this timeframe in prior posts recently. I would note that the shorter-term channel has shifted from uptrend to downtrend today on the NQ and TF, while the ES has flattened out. Currently, price is hovering around the -1 deviation level on all 4 e-minis on the shorter-term channel. A break (and hold below) the -2 deviation level with conviction would be bearish and could set up a second leg down...particularly below the swing low set on August 8...I would also add that this "hammer" hasn't been retested yet...in my opinion, it needs to be retested because it was set outside of market hours and doesn't hold much weight.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. May 12 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Fri. May 14 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Retail Sales Report & Core Retail Sales Report
* Wed. May 19 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. June 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. June 4 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. June 16 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.