The downside volume spikes on the 9:00a.m. candle of the 1-hour charts of YM, ES, NQ & TF today may signal the resumption of the recent downtrend as shown on the chart below...a bearish crossover of the 50sma (red) below the 200sma (pink) would confirm this along with a break of and hold below the recent lows:
Below is a 1-hour (market hours only) chart of TF...note the unfilled gaps at the beginning of Tuesday's and today's actions...if today's gap is left unfilled, a bearish island gap will result for these 3 days (the blue dotted line is the Monthly VWAP which is just above the top of today's gap):
Below is a chartgrid of YM, ES, NQ & TF...each candle represents 3 days...the current candle started today...should be interesting to see how this candle closes on Monday.
Below is a 4-hour chart of TF which shows the "Blue Triangle" trendlines that I've mentioned recently...at the moment, price is trapped in between trendlines...a break of the white trendline, could take price down to around 755-750ish (yellow trendline):
The price level of 755-750ish co-incides with that mentioned in my previous post on June 4 (and the 50sma on the Weekly chart): http://strawberryblondesmarketsummary.blogspot.com/2011/06/really-big-pictureym-es-nq-tf.html
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Fri. Sept. 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Sept. 16 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. Sept. 16 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Oct. 2 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 7 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Oct. 14 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events