After their mid-June dip from the year's highs, the YM, ES, NQ & TF have bounced up to their 50% Fibonacci retracement level (broken blue line), which also happens to co-incide with the "mean" of their regression channel (broken yellow line) as shown on the 4-hour chartgrid below. As well, the YM, ES & NQ are now trading around their falling 200sma (pink), above their 50sma (red), and above their Monthly VWAP (solid blue)...the TF is trading above both moving averages and Monthly VWAP.
We'll see where price goes from here and whether or not this was just a "dead cat bounce."
Overlayed on the Daily charts of the grid below of the YM, ES, NQ & TF are Monthly Volume Profiles...the horizontal red lines represent the POC (point of control) and the horizontal blue lines represent the High and Low Value Levels (VL'S) for each month. The YM, ES & NQ are trading above June's POC, below May's Low VL, and around June's High VL...the TF is displaying more strength relative to this indicator on this bounce and is trading above June's POC, above June's High VL, and above May's Low VL. Price on all four e-minis is currently trading weaker relative to May's POC, but stronger relative to June's POC, thanks to the boost in the markets the past three days....we'll see how they close out the month tomorrow in this regard.
Overlayed on the Daily chartgrid below of the YM, ES, NQ & TF are Monthly Pivot Points (PP)...the horizontal blue lines represent May's PP's and the horizontal yellow lines represent June's PP's (N.B. June's PP's are still subject to price fluctuation until tomorrow's close). All of them are trading below May's PP and are now above June's PP, thanks to today's continued advance...at the moment they can be considered bearish relative to May's PP, and neutral relative to June's PP...we'll see how they close out the month tomorrow in this regard.
The Financials gained some ground today as seen on the 4-hour chartgrid below of GS, C, XLF & JPM. Any further advance in the markets would need the continued co-operation of this group, imo.
If I didn't know any better, I would have thought that it was an IPO day for V and MA...Pac-Man on "coke extra strength"...
Meanwhile, the EUR/USD has popped above horizontal resistance and is retesting the upper portion of its rising triangle formation in after-hours trading today on this chart below...each candle represents 3 days, and the current candle closes tomorrow.
So, are we ready to coast in "neutral" until the long weekend...or continue this crazy roller coaster ride? Fire up the barbie...we're nearly there!
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Mar. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Mar. 5 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Mar. 10 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Tues. Mar. 16 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Retail Sales Report & Core Retail Sales Report
* Wed. Mar. 17 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Apr. 7 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events