- It seems that an EU banking union is not on the front burner, as it first requires a change to the EU treaty.
- Also, note the red flag around Mr. Shaeuble's last remarks...this strikes me as a plain warning for bank depositors.
- Plus his second-last remarks would seem to indicate that other countries may, indeed, face a fate similar to that imposed on Cyprus.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 31 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Nov. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. Nov. 3 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Nov. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
Saturday, April 13, 2013
Brakes (and Red Flags) on EU Banking Union
This Reuters article appeared today (Saturday). I've flagged (green and red) what I thought to be important aspects of the article.