As of 12:00 pm EST today (Monday), the National Bank of Greece is -10.38%, as shown below on Bloomberg's Top Gainers & Losers in the EURO STOXX Banks (Price) Index.
The next chart shows the steady decline for this bank since October 2012...not a healthy-looking chart, as it has fallen below its 1-year major support level and is displaying major relative weakness compared to the above Banking Index during the same time period.
Without a strong banking system, Greece is poised for further weakness. The Greek Stock Index is attempting to stabilize today at a support level on the Daily timeframe, but is well below its uptrend line on the Weekly timeframe, and major support lies further below at 40.00ish.
These are two instruments worth watching as potential harbingers of things to come with respect to the ongoing EU fiscal/economic/banking saga.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Mar. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Mar. 5 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Mar. 10 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Tues. Mar. 16 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Retail Sales Report & Core Retail Sales Report
* Wed. Mar. 17 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Apr. 7 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events