UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Friday, April 05, 2013
Massive World-Wide Tax Haven Data Leak
Perhaps now, world governments can follow up on the information and collect back-taxes, interest on taxes owed, and fines that are legitimately owed for failing to declare this income to shore up their ailing budget deficits and spiraling debts, such as the US National Debt, now over 16.7 Trillion dollars.
We'll see if the political will exists to pursue such an endeavour, or whether it will get tangled up and forgotten in the usual government 'red tape,' or get sent to committees for 'review' (translation: burial). I'm not holding my breath.
Canada's Revenue Agency said today that it will investigate the names on the list if it can get its hands on it...but what politicians say and what they actually do can end up being very different.
It seems to me that all citizens of each of the affected countries are perfectly entitled to ask their government representative what their position is on this matter and what they intend to do about it.