This article appeared at CBC.ca yesterday.
Perhaps now, world governments can follow up on the information and collect back-taxes, interest on taxes owed, and fines that are legitimately owed for failing to declare this income to shore up their ailing budget deficits and spiraling debts, such as the US National Debt, now over 16.7 Trillion dollars.
We'll see if the political will exists to pursue such an endeavour, or whether it will get tangled up and forgotten in the usual government 'red tape,' or get sent to committees for 'review' (translation: burial). I'm not holding my breath.
Canada's Revenue Agency said today that it will investigate the names on the list if it can get its hands on it...but what politicians say and what they actually do can end up being very different.
It seems to me that all citizens of each of the affected countries are perfectly entitled to ask their government representative what their position is on this matter and what they intend to do about it.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Thurs. Nov. 22 ~ U.S. markets closed for Thanksgiving Day Holiday & NYSE closes early @ 1:00 pm on Fri. Nov. 23
* Wed. Nov. 29 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Dec. 5 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Dec. 7 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Dec. 12 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Dec. 19 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Tues. & Wed. Dec. 25 & 26 ~ Canadian markets closed for Christmas & Boxing Day Holidays
* Tues. Dec. 25 ~ U.S. markets closed for Christmas Day Holiday & close early @ 1:00 pm on Mon. Dec. 24
* Wed. Jan. 30 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
NOTABLE POSTS WITH IMPORTANT UPDATES...