More weak data released today (Wednesday) shows a big drop in Durable Goods Orders and Mortgage Purchase Applications, as shown below.
All of this weakening data this year points to a slowing economy, not an expanding one. Perhaps at some point, the markets will reflect this. Until then, they remain (in "The Twilight Zone") pushed up against 4-year highs (and all-time highs in some cases)...the result of the Fed's influence (and other Central Banks around the world, particularly Japan), and not the normal laws of market supply and demand. This reminds me of the story, "The Emperor Wears No Clothes"...at some point, the public will wake up (and admit) to reality, and Ben (and his cohorts) will be looking for a new tailor (and possibly updating their Linkedin profiles). ;-)
Data Sources: Nasdaq and ForexFactory
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
* If the dots don't connect, gather more dots until they do...or, just follow the $$$...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. July 6 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. July 8 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. July 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Wed. July 27 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Sept. 21 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Nov. 2 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Dec. 14 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.