UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Sept. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Oct. 1 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 8 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Oct. 14 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Big Drop in Durable Goods Orders and MBA Purchase Applications
All of this weakening data this year points to a slowing economy, not an expanding one. Perhaps at some point, the markets will reflect this. Until then, they remain (in "The Twilight Zone") pushed up against 4-year highs (and all-time highs in some cases)...the result of the Fed's influence (and other Central Banks around the world, particularly Japan), and not the normal laws of market supply and demand. This reminds me of the story, "The Emperor Wears No Clothes"...at some point, the public will wake up (and admit) to reality, and Ben (and his cohorts) will be looking for a new tailor (and possibly updating their Linkedin profiles). ;-)
Data Sources: Nasdaq and ForexFactory