UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Fri. Dec. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Dec. 10 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Dec. 10 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Dec. 14 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Dec. 15 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Dec. 15 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Thurs. Dec. 23 @ 10:00 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Tues. Dec. 28 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Wed. Jan. 5 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. Jan. 7 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Jan. 12 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
The New Threat to Markets...Cyber Attacks on Social Media Accounts
THE THREAT & THE PROBLEMS
How will fund managers, as well as the "average investor," hedge against this new risk in the current environment where we've seen increasing incidents of cyber attacks around the world?
Those already in the market who have a stop loss set on their trades (within the ensuing price spike) will be taken out by "High-Frequency Algorithmic Trading" (and not necessarily anywhere near the price of their stop loss, but it could be much lower), and those who don't are at the mercy of market reaction to the HFT trades.
The following article regarding the AP Tweet is from ZeroHedge: