The Russell 2000 Index (RUT) is holding closer to its January all-time highs, compared with the Dow 30, S&P 500 and Nasdaq 100 Indices, as shown on the following daily charts.
Its momentum indicator remains the strongest, of late, and is above the zero level, as are the others.
As well, the RUT is showing relative strength in terms of the percentages gained/lost on the following year-to-date and 1-week graphs.
All of this suggests that traders/investors preferred to accumulate risk to value lately.
Keep a close watch on the RUT for leadership on any further strength, or lack thereof, as a potential indicator of whether equities, in general, will either rally towards new highs, or drop to new lows for the year, in the near term.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Fri. Aug. 7 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Aug. 12 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Fri. Aug. 14 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. Aug. 19 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Sept. 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Sept. 16 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events