As of 1:00 pm ET today (April 4), the daily Heikin Ashi candles on the SPX haven't flipped from red to green, yet.
Nor have the DJIA, NDX, COMPQ, RUT or OEX HA candles.
Nor have the FAANGs HA candles.
However, yesterday and today's HA candles on the 10 YR T-Notes have flipped from green to red (so far). Do we have a potential reverse Head & Shoulders formation in the making?
If we see a neckline breakout soon that holds (and thwarts that scenario), further equity weakness may continue (watch for the momentum indicator to remain above zero).
Otherwise, such a formation may develop over the next couple of weeks with equities gaining some strength, albeit on elevated volatile price swings. But, first, we'd need to see a green HA reversal candle form and hold on the SPX and the other major indices.
* UPDATE after the close...
Today's HA candle closed just slightly in the green on the SPX...we'll see if that holds and whether a meaningful and sustainable upside reversal comes into play.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC VENTS...
* Fri. & Sat. June 28/29 ~ G20 Summit in Osaka, Japan
* Mon. July 1 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Canada Day holiday- Canadian markets closed
* Thurs. July 4 @ 8:30 am ET ~ 4th of July holiday - U.S. markets closed
* Fri. July 5 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. July 10 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. July 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Tues. July 16 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. July 17 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. July 31 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
NOTABLE POSTS WITH IMPORTANT UPDATES...