As of 1:00 pm ET today (April 4), the daily Heikin Ashi candles on the SPX haven't flipped from red to green, yet.
Nor have the DJIA, NDX, COMPQ, RUT or OEX HA candles.
Nor have the FAANGs HA candles.
However, yesterday and today's HA candles on the 10 YR T-Notes have flipped from green to red (so far). Do we have a potential reverse Head & Shoulders formation in the making?
If we see a neckline breakout soon that holds (and thwarts that scenario), further equity weakness may continue (watch for the momentum indicator to remain above zero).
Otherwise, such a formation may develop over the next couple of weeks with equities gaining some strength, albeit on elevated volatile price swings. But, first, we'd need to see a green HA reversal candle form and hold on the SPX and the other major indices.
* UPDATE after the close...
Today's HA candle closed just slightly in the green on the SPX...we'll see if that holds and whether a meaningful and sustainable upside reversal comes into play.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. July 3 ~ U.S. markets close early at 1:00 pm ET
* Wed. July 4 ~ U.S. markets closed for Independence Day Holiday
* Thurs. July 5 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. July 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Thurs. July 12 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. July 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Aug. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Mon. Sept. 3 ~ U.S. markets closed for Labour Day Holiday
* Wed. Sept. 26 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
IMPORTANT BLOG POST UPDATES...
* Trade Wars have escalated and now include diplomatic wars PLUS President Trump is cannibalizing prior U.S. market gains
with his tariff tantrums against its world trading partners, while destabilizing a delicate world market balance