Like a tightly-coiled spring, Major US Indices and Sectors remain trapped in tight consolidation zones, so far, this year, as shown on the following daily charts.
What's remarkable is that the swings on their rate-of-change indicators (with an input value of 1 day) have been getting smaller and smaller...hinting that markets may explode in one direction or the other at some point.
As yet, the catalyst to drive such a move remains a mystery. Perhaps more will be revealed next Wednesday (May 2) when the Fed's interest rate decision is announced, along with any new forward-guidance revelations.
In this regard, keep an eye on the major currencies' ROC for clues, as well as US Bonds. While the ROC is expanding (to the downside) on the XBP, it is expanding (to the upside) on the USD, and the others remain trapped, as shown on the daily charts below.
A major shift into USD and USB buying may signal a weakening of equities.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. July 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. Aug. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. Aug. 3 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Fri. Aug. 10 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Aug. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Mon. Sept. 3 ~ U.S. markets closed for Labour Day Holiday
* Wed. Sept. 26 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
IMPORTANT BLOG POST UPDATES...
* Trade Wars have escalated and now include diplomatic wars PLUS President Trump is cannibalizing prior U.S. market gains with his tariff tantrums against its world trading partners, while destabilizing a delicate world market balance