Hard At Work
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Fri. Aug. 6 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Aug. 11 @ 8:30 am ET - m/m & y/y CPI & Core CPI Data
* Thurs. Aug. 12 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Tues. Aug. 17 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Aug. 18 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. Aug. 27 @ 5:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index Data m/m
* Wed. Sept. 8 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Wed. Sept. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Wednesday, April 25, 2018
Bear Trap for Short-Sellers of FAANGs?
Keep an eye on the ROC and the zero level on Chart #1 below. It's shown with an input value of 12 days (its default setting).
So far, only AAPL and TSLA's ROC has dropped below zero. If the others follow suit in the coming days, we may see a big selloff occur in Tech, overall.
Chart #2 shows an ROC input value of 1 day to give you an idea of overactive price movement from one day to the next.
After Tuesday's drop, the ROC on NFLX and GOOG are notable as they approach 6-month triple-bottom lows...FNGU isn't far behind. A drop and hold below this triple bottom on these may negatively influence the others...in particular, keep an eye of FB and AMZN's ROC for any evidence of increasing selling strength.