Hard At Work
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Fri. Aug. 6 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Aug. 11 @ 8:30 am ET - m/m & y/y CPI & Core CPI Data
* Thurs. Aug. 12 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Tues. Aug. 17 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Aug. 18 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Fri. Aug. 27 @ 5:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index Data m/m
* Wed. Sept. 8 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Wed. Sept. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Tuesday, April 25, 2017
Strong Momentum Supports Nasdaq's Break Above 6000
As I mentioned in my post of April 21, I believe that the Technology sector (NDX) holds the key to support a new bull equity market, which I discussed on April 24.
As such, you can see, from the Year-to-date percentage-increased comparison chart of the Major Indices below, that Technology continues to lead the way.
Any further advance of the Nasdaq Composite Index should be accompanied by higher momentum to confirm strong and convincing commitment in this market.
As an aside, I'd like to see the RSI on the SPX:VIX ratio make a new swing high (as shown on the following Daily ratio chart), on any further advance in price, notwithstanding today's (even higher than yesterday's) new all-time price high, to confirm any breakout to new highs (above 2400.98) on the SPX.