As of mid-day on Friday (April 21), and during the past couple of range-bound months, the Technology sector is outperforming the large-cap and small-cap stocks, as shown on the following charts.
It's still sitting above both its 20 and 50 day moving averages, while the Dow 30, S&P 500, S&P 100, Nasdaq 100, Nasdaq Composite and Russell 2000 Indices are below their 50 MA, with bearish 20 and 50 MA crossovers.
I'd watch for any signs of major weakness developing in Tech as a potential precursor to any significant drop in equities, in general. Otherwise, we could see a continued non-directional bias in the markets for some time.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Jan. 29 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Feb. 7 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Thurs. Feb. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Fri. Feb. 14 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. Feb. 19 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 4 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events