It looks like someone likes the Biotech ETF this year, as demonstrated by the percentages gained on IBB plus the 9 Major Sectors, as shown on the following Year-to-date graph.
And with IBB poised for an upside breakout above major resistance, it's one to watch, as shown on the following IBB + Major Sector charts.
Lastly, let's see if IBB can begin to outperform the Nasdaq 100 Index (NDX), as price now sits at major support on this IBB:NDX ratio chart. In that case, watch for the RSI to rise and hold above the 50 level and for price to break and hold above the 50-day moving average.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. March 30 ~ U.S. markets closed for Good Friday Holiday
* Fri. April 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. April 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events