Today (April 27) marked another milestone as the SPX:VIX ratio hit an all-time high, along with a record high on the Momentum indicator, as shown on the following Monthly ratio chart.
We'll see if that continues if Congress fails to take over the reigns from the Fed (who are now tightening monetary policy) and move forward with President Trump's fiscal policies to stimulate and strengthen the economy and labour market (from which they've abdicated their responsibilities and simply left up to the Fed to handle since the 2008/09 financial crisis).
I'm not convinced that will happen any time soon, since all we've seen from Congress, so far, is obstructionism, complete resistance, slow-walking and failure to responsibly represent America's interests, as a whole, as well as witnessing, what seems to be, unabashed and an unprecedented amount of hate speech...not a great image for the country to project as a supposed "leader of the free world."
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. March 30 ~ U.S. markets closed for Good Friday Holiday
* Fri. April 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. April 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events