As of mid-day on Friday (April 21), and during the past couple of range-bound months, the Technology sector is outperforming the large-cap and small-cap stocks, as shown on the following charts.
It's still sitting above both its 20 and 50 day moving averages, while the Dow 30, S&P 500, S&P 100, Nasdaq 100, Nasdaq Composite and Russell 2000 Indices are below their 50 MA, with bearish 20 and 50 MA crossovers.
I'd watch for any signs of major weakness developing in Tech as a potential precursor to any significant drop in equities, in general. Otherwise, we could see a continued non-directional bias in the markets for some time.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Nov. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Nov. 23 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Thanksgiving holiday
* Fri. Nov. 24 @ 1:00 pm ET ~ U.S. Markets close early
* Wed. Nov. 29 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Dec. 8 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Mon. Dec. 25 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas holiday