Even though the S&P 500 Index (SPX) did not reach a new all-time high today (Monday), the SPX:VIX ratio did, as shown on the following two Daily charts.
Keep an eye on the ratio, since an RSI above 50 and upside crossovers on the MACD and PMO indicators are signalling that a new bull market is shaping up for the SPX. Such a breakout would need to be confirmed by a bullish crossover on the PMO, with the crossover maintained on the MACD and the 50 level held on the RSI on the SPX.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Tues. July 25 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. July 26 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Fri. Aug. 4 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Aug. 16 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Sept. 6 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Tues. Sept. 19 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Sept. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Tues. Oct. 31 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Nov. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference