UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Friday, May 24, 2013
The Nikkei "Pop-and-Drop"
Since then, price rallied a staggering 4850 points to a high of 16020 (reached earlier this week) and promptly dropped 2020 points as of 12:45 pm EST today (Friday), as shown on the Weekly chart below. You can see that this week's candle is in the midst of forming an enormous outside bar, encompassing the past two weeks. This candle's low of 14000 has hit a confluence zone of several external Fibonacci retracement levels.
A failure to hold 14000 could send price down to the next confluence level at 12600 or lower.
Perhaps this meteoric rise in the NKD is what influenced a similar rise in the SPX, which would possibly answer my query posed in my post of May 23rd.