I last wrote about Japan's Nikkei e-mini Futures Index (NKD) on February 8th.
Since then, price rallied a staggering 4850 points to a high of 16020 (reached earlier this week) and promptly dropped 2020 points as of 12:45 pm EST today (Friday), as shown on the Weekly chart below. You can see that this week's candle is in the midst of forming an enormous outside bar, encompassing the past two weeks. This candle's low of 14000 has hit a confluence zone of several external Fibonacci retracement levels.
A failure to hold 14000 could send price down to the next confluence level at 12600 or lower.
Perhaps this meteoric rise in the NKD is what influenced a similar rise in the SPX, which would possibly answer my query posed in my post of May 23rd.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Mon. Feb. 18 ~ U.S. Markets Closed for Presidents' Day
* Wed. Feb. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Feb. 21 @ 3:30 am ET ~ German Flash Manufacturing PMI (watch for a hold below 50)...N.B. Jan. 24 PMI came in at 49.9 (now in contraction mode)
* Tues. Feb. 26 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales Ex Autos m/m & Retail Sales m/m
* Wed. Mar. 6 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Mar. 8 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. Mar. 12 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. Mar. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
NOTABLE POSTS WITH IMPORTANT UPDATES...