I showed a 3-year comparison of price action on the SPX to the Commodities Index (CRX) in my post of April 5th.
In it, I mentioned the correlation between the two and the instances where, mainly, the CRX would lead an ultimate drop in equities, by putting in negative price divergence before the SPX.
The following chart shows that, since the time of my post, the CRX has put in another lower swing low and has not yet made a higher swing high in its present (large) negative divergence that begins from February of this year, while the SPX has continued its meteoric climb.
If commodities continue their weakness and equities do not follow suit, I will wonder what has changed since February to cause this disconnect between the two.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. March 30 ~ U.S. markets closed for Good Friday Holiday
* Fri. April 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. April 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events