UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Sept. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Oct. 1 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 8 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Oct. 14 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Thursday, May 23, 2013
The Commodity/Equity Divergence Continues
In it, I mentioned the correlation between the two and the instances where, mainly, the CRX would lead an ultimate drop in equities, by putting in negative price divergence before the SPX.
The following chart shows that, since the time of my post, the CRX has put in another lower swing low and has not yet made a higher swing high in its present (large) negative divergence that begins from February of this year, while the SPX has continued its meteoric climb.
If commodities continue their weakness and equities do not follow suit, I will wonder what has changed since February to cause this disconnect between the two.