The Aussie $ is hugging support as I write this around 12:30 pm EST on Monday.
I'll need to see China's Shanghai Index advance and hold above the Daily 50 MA to, potentially, support any attempted rally in the AUD/USD forex pair.
A drop and hold below 1.00 on the AUD/CAD forex pair could signal harder times ahead for China, particularly if the above scenarios do not materialize, and as it faces increasing competition from other Asian exporters (Japan, especially, with its devalued Yen) .
That may, then, produce a drag on any further advancement in North American markets. As well, further weakness in Commodities may also produce the same effect, as I've mentioned in recent posts. You can see from the first chart above, that DBC (the Commodities ETF) is attempting to stabilize after experiencing considerable weakness this year, and, basically, since 2011...I'll be watching for any break and hold below its last Weekly swing low.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. March 30 ~ U.S. markets closed for Good Friday Holiday
* Fri. April 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. April 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events