Data released today (Wednesday) shows that "mortgage rates are suddenly soaring and are pulling down mortgage activity."
This kind of loan rate rise was something to which I alluded in my post of May 7th. Perhaps this is why we saw a rise in Mortgage Delinquencies on May 9th.
We'll see if rates stay elevated if "tapering in stimulus" is NOT mentioned as an imminent proposal in Ben Bernanke's speech/testimony today.
***UPDATE: No mention in Bernanke's speech about imminent tapering (it will be dependent upon economic data that the FOMC reviews at each meeting, according to him). So, the big question now becomes, "Will Banks lower mortgage rates?" Don't hold your breath. And, my last question is, "Will TV commentators stop talking and guesstimating about such a scenario anytime soon?" Don't hold your breath.
We'll see if the Homebuilders ETF (XHB) continues to soar or begins to pull back. A drop and hold below immediate support at the 61.8% Fibonacci retracement level of 31.81 and, subsequently 30.00, could trigger a decline to the lower Bollinger Band, or lower, as shown on the following Weekly chart...one to watch.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC VENTS...
* Fri. Apr. 19 ~ U.S. Markets Closed for Good Friday holiday
* Wed. Apr. 24 @ 3:30 am ET ~ German Flash Manufacturing PMI (watch for a hold below 50)...N.B. Jan. 24 PMI came in at 49.9, Feb. 21 PMI came in at 47.6 & Mar. 22 came in at 44.7 (contraction mode deepens!)
* Wed. May 1 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. May 3 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Fri. May 10 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. May 15 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. May 22 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. May 29 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events
NOTABLE POSTS WITH IMPORTANT UPDATES...