This Daily chart of the GOOG:AAPL ratio shows the outperformance of GOOG to AAPL from mid-2012. Price will be nearing a resistance level at some point in the not-too-distant future -- we'll see whether, as and if that occurs, the buying picks up in AAPL and gains any momentum. If not, then we'll continue to see the spread widen between these two technology giants (in favour of GOOG).
You can see from the next Daily chart of the AAPL:NDX ratio how AAPL is underperforming the NDX. The Momentum indicator is approaching the zero level, once more -- a drop and hold below zero will signal accelerating downside ratio momentum (and weakness) in AAPL against the NDX.
It would seem that the "cannibalization" of AAPL did, indeed, occur, as I first mentioned in my post of October 23, 2012, and subsequent posts.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. March 30 ~ U.S. markets closed for Good Friday Holiday
* Fri. April 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. April 11 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. April 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events