UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Tues. Oct. 26 @ 10:00 am ET - CB Consumer Confidence
* Fri. Oct. 29 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 3 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Nov. 5 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Tues. Nov. 9 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Wed. Nov. 10 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Nov. 12 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Tues. Nov. 16 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Wed. Nov. 24 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
The Sky Has Not Fallen...Yet
Looking at the Weekly charts below, these e-mini futures indices are still trading above their respective middle Bollinger Bands, which are the next levels of support on this timeframe...whether they hold remains to be seen.
Financials were the "flavour of the day," as shown on Stockcharts' Sector Summary below.
The graph below shows how these sectors have performed, along with the S&P 500 Index, since January of 2012. Favourites have been the Technology, Financials, and Consumer Discretionary sectors...clearly the leaders and the ones to watch for either continued strength or developing weakness. Energy is lagging on the year and also gained the least on today's advance, with Utilities being the second weakest.