Data released on Thursday showed that Japan's Trade Balance has now slipped to its lowest reading since 2000, as shown on the graph below. This balance has been slipping since its most recent high in early 2011.
Japan's Nikkei e-mini futures index (NKD) generally reflected this pattern, until it began its bounce from January of this year, as shown on the Weekly chart below. I'm wondering how long this divergence will last before one or the other corrects. It's had difficulty staying above the 10,000 level since it fell below immediately following the March 2011 earthquake...a level that is important to recapture and hold...but with supporting economic data to generate a convincing rally.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
* If the dots don't connect, gather more dots until they do...or, just follow the $$$...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Fri. Oct. 6 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 11, 2023 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Oct. 18 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
* Wed. Nov. 1 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Rate Announcement + Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.