Not only did the Nasdaq Composite make a new all-time high as it exceeded 6000 by mid-day today (Tuesday, April 25), but it did so on record-high momentum, as shown on the following Monthly chart.
As I mentioned in my post of April 21, I believe that the Technology sector (NDX) holds the key to support a new bull equity market, which I discussed on April 24.
As such, you can see, from the Year-to-date percentage-increased comparison chart of the Major Indices below, that Technology continues to lead the way.
Any further advance of the Nasdaq Composite Index should be accompanied by higher momentum to confirm strong and convincing commitment in this market.
As an aside, I'd like to see the RSI on the SPX:VIX ratio make a new swing high (as shown on the following Daily ratio chart), on any further advance in price, notwithstanding today's (even higher than yesterday's) new all-time price high, to confirm any breakout to new highs (above 2400.98) on the SPX.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Nov. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Nov. 23 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Thanksgiving holiday
* Fri. Nov. 24 @ 1:00 pm ET ~ U.S. Markets close early
* Wed. Nov. 29 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Dec. 8 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. Dec. 12 ~ 2-day FOMC Meeting Begins
* Wed. Dec. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Mon. Dec. 25 ~ U.S. Markets closed for Christmas holiday