I last wrote about the percentage of stocks above a variety of moving averages in my post of September 8.
In the week since, buyers scooped up stocks in all the Major Indices, leaving only one minor group in the "below-50% category," as shown on the following tables.
We'll see if this recent risk-on appetite continues in the near term, and whether the Russell 2000 and Transports stocks can break out to new highs for the year.
Cyclicals, Energy, Consumer Staples, and Financials are lagging among the 9 Major Sectors, as shown on the following Daily charts, Year-to-date percentages gained/lost graph, and table.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Feb. 19 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 4 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Mar. 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Mar. 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Tues. Mar. 17 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. Mar. 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events