UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Sept. 22 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET - Fed Chair Press Conference
* Fri. Oct. 1 @ 8:30 am ET - Core PCE Price Index m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 8 @ 8:30 am ET - Employment Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 8:30 am ET - CPI m/m & Core CPI m/m Data
* Wed. Oct. 13 @ 2:00 pm ET - FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Thurs. Oct. 14 @ 8:30 am ET - PPI m/m & Core PPI m/m Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 8:30 am ET - Retail Sales & Core Retail Sales Data
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Consumer Sentiment
* Fri. Oct. 15 @ 10:00 am ET - Prelim. UoM Inflation Expectations
* Wed. Oct. 20 @ 2:00 pm ET - Beige Book Report
*** CLICK HERE for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events.
Tuesday, September 12, 2017
Technology and Healthcare are the Big Winners of 2017
The laggard, Energy, may be poised for a recovery, if it can hold above its downtrending 50-day moving average.
The Materials sector is on the verge of new breakout. Keep an eye on GOLD and Gold Miners ETF, as I've recently described here and here.
The Russell 2000 Index is still mired in a large-scale sideways consolidation zone. Watch for any breakout (and sustained hold) above this zone as a potential signal of renewed and serious riskier asset-buying in the markets, in general.
Traders may be influenced by the upcoming interest rate decision and press conference by the Fed on September 20, so these indices and ETFs may drift until then. If the Fed hikes rates, watch for any renewed and serious buying in the Financial sector (see my latest article on XLF here), as well as a sustained breakout and hold above its 50-day moving average and large sideways consolidation zone. And, furthermore, just a final comment on currencies in this regard...watch for any renewed buying in the U.S. Dollar, which has been battered this year, leading up to and following the Fed meeting, in anticipation, potentially, of a rate hike...we may see it retest the 50-day moving average before it, either, renews its downtrend, or continues a rally.