Price on three top Insurance ETFs has been dropping since mid-August, as shown on the following Daily charts of IAK, KBWP and KIE. In the process, they made some extreme lower swing lows on each of their respective three technical indicators, suggesting that further weakness lies ahead.
As of Friday's close, they are trading around their 200-day moving averages, so failure to regain an upward bias from that level could spell further sharp drops for these ETFs. Watch for any major volume spikes on further weakness to indicate possible panic selling. In the short term, we may, first, see a retest of their 50-day moving average (possible "Dead Cat Bounce") before the next leg down occurs.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
* The content in my articles is time-sensitive. Each one shows the date and time (New York ET) that I publish them. By the time you read them, market conditions may be quite different than that which is described in my posts, and upon which my analyses are based at that time.
* My posts are also re-published by several other websites and I have no control as to when their editors do so, or for the accuracy in their editing and reproduction of my content.
* In answer to this often-asked question, please be advised that I do not post articles from other writers on my site.
* From time to time, I will add updated market information and charts to some of my articles, so it's worth checking back here occasionally for the latest analyses.
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Wed. Mar. 4 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Mar. 6 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Wed. Mar. 11 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Tues. Mar. 17 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Core Retail Sales & Retail Sales
* Wed. Mar. 18 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts and @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. Apr. 8 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events