I last wrote about the Financial ETF (XLF) on July 11th.
Since then, it failed to hold a brief breakout above the 25.00 major resistance level (convergence of 40% Fib retracement and upper channel), as shown on the following Monthly chart.
Price is sitting at the bottom of the upper quarter of a long-term uptrending channel...a segment that it hasn't typically remained in for very long, or ventured above, since it began its long ascent from its 2009 lows after the financial crisis.
Major support sits around 20.00 (confluence of 60% Fib retracement and price level) and could be a downside target if price breaks and holds below near-term price support of 23.00, as shown on the following Daily chart. So far this year, downtrending RSI, MACD, PMO, and volumes have not provided the support needed for a sustained push higher.
Welcome and thank you for visiting!
The charts, graphs and comments in my Trading Blog represent my technical analysis and observations of a variety of world markets...
* Major World Market Indices * Futures Markets * U.S. Sectors and ETFs * Commodities * U.S. Bonds * Forex
DISCLAIMER: All the information contained within my posts are my opinions only and none of it may be construed as financial or trading advice...
please read my full Disclaimer at this link.
UPCOMING (MAJOR) U.S. ECONOMIC EVENTS...
* Mon. Feb. 19 ~ U.S. markets closed for Presidents Day Holiday
* Wed. Feb. 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Meeting Minutes
* Wed. Mar. 7 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ Beige Book Report
* Fri. Mar. 9 @ 8:30 am ET ~ Employment Data
* Tues. Mar. 13 @ 8:30 am ET ~ MoM & YoY CPI & Core CPI Data
* Wed. March 21 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement + FOMC Forecasts + @ 2:30 pm ET ~ Fed Chair Press Conference
* Wed. May 2 @ 2:00 pm ET ~ FOMC Announcement
*** Click here for link to Economic Calendars for all upcoming events